Heat vinyl transfer is one of the most widely-used methods for customizing shirts, printing on athletic uniforms such as jerseys, and so much more. Heat vinyl transfer involves cutting your design into vinyl, then taking the vinyl design and pressing it into the product surface using heat from a specialized press. Heat vinyl transfer is very popular at Press Forward as it allows our customers to take a design that they’ve put together and press to a single shirt, or 50 shirts. There’s no minimum when using this service!
When thinking about using this service, please consider the following:
- Pricing will vary from order to order. Please submit your quote request here. Scroll down to the bottom of the form and use the text field to specify the details of your order.
- Turnaround times are often quick with this service. In some cases we can have the shirt ready same day!
- While vinyl is versatile, it does have its limits. It’s best to try and limit the amount of layers used in the design as vinyl sits on top of the shirt surface. Having many colors will give the shirt a heavy feel.
- Handling your vinyl-pressed garment requires a small degree of care outside of the norm. While you can wash and dry vinyl-pressed shirts as normal, it is recommended that you avoid ironing the area of the shirt that contains the vinyl.
- Designs cannot be overly-complicated. While we can work with some pretty detailed images in vinyl, trying to replicate something with very fine lines or a high-degree of detail can be somewhat difficult. Send us the image in advance if you have questions regarding the file and we’ll let you know.
- All file formats are typically accepted but we do recommend that for the best possible vinyl print, a high-resolution image be submitted.